700-5 Changes That Will Help You Live Your Potential-(Updated-Audio)
listen to 700-5 Changes That Will Help You Live Your Potential-(Updated-Audio)
5 Changes That Will Help You Live Your Potential
Things You Can Do to Become the Best Version of Yourself
To live your potential and become the best version of yourself, you will need to take on new challenges and do things differently.
Everyone has potential, yet many never fully tap into what they are capable of. Developing more of yourself and your potential will allow you to grow into the person you know you can be.
What Does it Mean to Live Your Potential?
To live your potential means to:
- Demand more from yourself.
- Step out of your comfort zone.
- Expand your thinking and the limits you impose on yourself.
- Avoid making mistakes and accept you will make them.
- Take intelligent risks.
- Continually challenge yourself to be better.
- Be true to who you are and what’s important to you.
Factors That Influence Your Ability to Live Your Potential
Your ability to live your potential is affected by:
- Your environment. These include the people you associate with, how you spend your time and how inspired you are in your physical surroundings.
- Your mindset. This includes your attitude, how you see the world and what you believe is possible.
- Your physical comfort. If your basic needs are not met, it’s unlikely you will be creative or strive to develop more of your potential because your focus will be on survival.
- Your mental, emotional and physical health. If you do not have overall wellness or well-being, you will struggle with motivation and will not push yourself to step up.
If you live your potential, you will do the right thing for yourself and strive to do your best all the time.
Questions You Can Ask to Determine if You Are Living Your Potential
Here are a few questions that will help identify whether you are living your potential.
- When was the last time I took a risk?
- How often am I challenging myself to improve what I am doing or who I am being?
- Am I truly living the life I want?
- In 10 or 20 years’ time, will I feel satisfied with who I have become?
- Have I settled in life or am I going after my dreams?
5 Changes That Will Allow You to Live Your Potential
No matter where you are or what you are dealing with, you can turn things around and improve your life. Here are five changes you can make that will allow you to live your potential and become the best version of yourself.
- Develop a high level of self-awareness. Self-awareness means knowing yourself at a deep level. It’s understanding what drives you, how you limit yourself, the beliefs you have and what matters to you. As you increase your self-awareness, you will have more confidence and self-esteem. You will also develop a higher level of discipline and courage.
- Have guiding principles for your life. Greater self-awareness will also help clarify your life purpose or mission, your values or key characteristics, your vision and passions, and also goals you want to achieve. This will give you direction so you know what’s required to live the life you want.
- Surround yourself with those succeeding at a higher level. To live your potential, minimise the time you spend with uninspiring people or those who are not going for what they want in life. If you are around those who are playing a bigger game and succeeding at a high level, you will demand more from yourself.
- Have a high level of clarity and focus. Knowing how to eliminate distractions will help you stay focused on what matters most. This will allow you to take consistent action and progress towards your objectives.
- Keep your word and agreements. What you say to yourself and the commitments you make will affect your level of self-trust. You cannot grow and live your potential if you don’t keep your word or violate your agreements. If you say you will do something, stick to your commitment, no matter what.
The truth is, you have infinite potential. No matter what level of success you achieve or how much you develop yourself, you can always improve. There is always another level you can go to.
You don’t want to get to the end of your life and wish you could have done more with your life or wonder what could have been, if you had been more courageous.
The real reward when you live your potential is the person you will become, and how that will impact those in your life.
Action Step: Complete an assessment of what you are doing in life and whether you are living your potential. Take this free Life Progress Assessment and use the insights you receive to make changes so you can live your potential.
Question: What are other changes that will help you live your potential?