9 Powerful Ideas That Will Help Grow Your Greatness Every Day
We are all born with greatness. There are things we do naturally and effortlessly which is evidence we have something special to contribute to the world.
Unfortunately, so many people have suppressed their greatness. The experiences we’ve had growing up has a major factor in how or whether we express our greatness or not.
What we typically do is hide our greatness by putting a cloak around it, mainly as a way to protect ourselves, then we try to shine that cloak with behaviours and actions not aligned with our greatness.
Our beliefs of how we should be in the world way plays out, like needing to impress others, or even hiding certain aspects of ourselves.
This causes us to feel disconnected from our true self and it shows up in everything we do. When we are not being authentic to who we really are, we will always have this feeling that something is missing in our life.
Before I started doing any personal development work, I was so disconnected from who I really am, which reflected in how I was feeling about myself, my attitude and in my behaviour. Everything was a struggle and I didn’t have goals or a vision for my life.
Fortunately, I was introduced to a personal development program called, Living From Greatness, where I learned more about myself, in terms of my purpose, my visions, how to make choices that were aligned with my life purpose, and to live my life in harmony with my greatness and life purpose , which is to inspire and empower others to follow their dreams and do what they love.
That experience really confirmed to me that we all have greatness within us. It is our responsibility to own our greatness and continually grow ourselves so that we can express our greatness in the worlds and be the best we can be.
What is Greatness?
While there may be different ideas on what greatness is, I think it is both a quality and a demonstration of behaviour. I describe greatness as being connected to our true life purpose and expressing our life purpose through our visions, values, passions, strengths and personality.
We all do things well and we’ve also been blessed with things we love doing. Expressing our greatness and sharing it with others is one of the most important things we can do in our lifetime.
Here are some powerful reminders that will help us grow our greatness so that we can express our strengths, talents and gifts fully, and make a bigger and better difference in the world. In order to make it easier to remember how to grow our greatness, I’ve described a greatness behaviour based on each letter of the word, G-R-E-A-T-N-E-S-S.
- Be Generous. If you’re reading this, you are better off than over two-thirds of people in the world. We can express our greatness through our generosity and being willing to continually add value to the lives of others. It can be by being generous with our time, our resources, and our knowledge and experience.
- Be Responsible. In order to be great and to continue to grow our greatness, we must take 100% responsibility for our results, 100% of the time. Winston Churchill once said, ”The price of greatness is responsibility.” Our willingness to take full responsibility will be reflected in our results.
- Be an Executer. Don’t be a person who has a reputation of not completing things, instead be a person who gets things done. George Bernard Shaw had a famous quote, “Just do what must be done. This may not be happiness, but it is greatness.” We tend to remember and admire people who have done something rather than those who are thinking or talking about doing something.
- Be Aspirational. We must have something bigger than ourselves to look forward to. Our vision of what is possible should inspire us to move in the direction of our dreams. What Olympian Wilma Rudolph once said still holds true today, “Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: The potential for greatness lives within each of us.”
- Be Tenacious. Having tenacity requires us to show perseverance and be persistent. There will be challenges whenever we attempt to do something new or step beyond what we’re comfortable with. The key is to never let a roadblock become a stop sign. Instead, we should take it as feedback to do something different.
- Be a Navigator. This requires us to have a plan and to continually evaluate how we are progressing with respect to our plan. As a navigator, we will often have to course-correct, deal with tough times, and manoeuvre through challenges, and overcome obstacles and roadblocks.
- Be Enthusiastic. Our energy level is everything! In order to exhibit greatness, we must manage our energy really well. Our level of enthusiasm will determine who and what we attract, and how willing others are to help us reach our visions and achieve our goals.
- Be of Service. Similarly to being generous, our greatness is on display when we are willing to be of service to others. This can be through offering free value or advice to those we want to serve, and also creating solutions that help solve people’s problems or challenges.
- Be Strategic. An important discipline of greatness is to not allow ourselves to get caught up in things that really don’t matter — things we will look back on and wished we hadn’t made it to be such an issue. This is why we must have a big picture of what we want to do and have the right strategies in place to get there.
Our greatness is our gift to the world and the world needs our greatness. If we have the courage to tap into our greatness and have the confidence to grow our greatness, we will have a much better experience life. Are you ready to grow your greatness now?
Question: What is your greatness? How are you currently sharing it with the world?
You can leave a comment by clicking here.