712-How to Know You Are Ready for a New Challenge
listen to 712-How to Know You Are Ready for a New Challenge
How to Know You Are Ready for a New Challenge
Steps You Can Take to Elevate Your Performance and Achievements
When you know you are ready for a new challenge, it’s exciting and scary. It will require you to get uncomfortable.
In everyone’s lives, there comes a time when they know they should make a change or take on a new challenge. However, not everyone has a willingness to step out of their comfort zone.
What Prevents People from Taking on New Challenges?
The common reasons why people do not take on new challenges include:
- They fear the unknown.
- They prefer to stay in their comfort zone.
- They don’t have the knowledge or skills to do something different.
- They lack support.
- They don’t like change.
- They don’t believe they will succeed, which means they fear failure.
- They don’t want to put themselves at financial risk.
If you know you are ready for a new challenge, the only person who can hold you back is you. That is good news, because you can choose to challenge yourself anytime.
Reasons Why You Should Challenge Yourself
When you challenge yourself to step out of what you are familiar with, you will:
- Grow and find out what you are capable of.
- Learn new things.
- Attract opportunities.
- Expand your network.
- Take on additional responsibilities.
The biggest advantage of challenging yourself is you will become the person you need to be, to achieve what you want in your life.
5 Signs You Are Ready for a New Challenge
Here are five signs that suggests you are ready for a new challenge, which will allow you to elevate your performance and achievements.
- You are doing busy work, but are lacking passion for what you are doing. If your work feels mundane and has no meaning, it means you are bored with what you are doing. To bring excitement back into your work, it’s time to explore other ventures.
- You know in your gut there is something better for you. Your intuition will tell you if you are on the right track or not. If it is telling you what you are doing has served its purpose and you should do something else, it’s wise to pay attention to it.
- Your life is going along smoothly, and you have been comfortable for a long time. The comfort zone is not a good place to be. This can cause you to lose creativity and self-confidence. The longer you delay challenging yourself, the harder it will become to do something different.
- Your goals do not inspire you. If your goals are not what you really want, it means you are settling for what you think you can achieve. Goals need to inspire or motivate you to bring the best out of yourself at all times.
- You have stopped learning and know you are not growing. Human beings are programmed for growth. If you are not growing, it means you have plateaued. Since everything in the world is constantly progressing, if you are not learning, you are falling behind.
You are meant to evolve and become a better person. To do that, taking on challenges, in the form of new goals or projects, will cause you to bring the best out of you.
When you consistently build challenges into your life, you will be happier, perform at a higher level, and increase the success you achieve. That means you will have a better quality life and you will become the best version of yourself.
Action Step: Reflect on the last time you took on a new challenge. Describe that experience and capture what you learned from it. Identify something you can do that will excite you, and also cause you to grow. Create a plan to keep track of what to do and when you should it.
Question: What are other signs that suggest you are ready for a new challenge?